Winter is that part of the year we spend mostly indoors, which is not second nature for most Lowvelders. Make sure your inside space is well organised with this easy to make wall organiser.
You will need
- 1x MDF board (60x90x1,9cm)
- Laminated edge-glued beechwood (60x18x1,9 cm)
- 1x cork board (60x30cm)
- Blackboard paint and brush
- 3x hooks and screws to match
- 2x 8mm wooden plugs
- Wood glue
- 3x wood screws (4x55mm), four 8mm wall plugs and screws to match and one flowerpot for herbs
- 1x Bosch Uneo Maxx cordless rotary hammer and 1x GluePen cordless glue gun.
1. Get the MDF board and laminated wood cut to size at your DIY store. Mark on the board where the shelf will be fixed, leaving enough room for the shopping list above. Mark 3 drill holes on the line you have drawn, two 5cm from each end and 1 in the middle. Midway between the marks, make 2 more marks for the wooden plugs. Transfer these marks to the laminated wood.
2. Drill the holes for the 2 wooden plugs in the MDF board and the laminated wood, using the Bosch Uneo Maxx cordless rotary hammer, and activate the impact stop function. Use a drill with a diameter of between 1mm and 2mm less than the size of the plug. It is important not to drill right through the board and that the plug is fixed correctly.
Useful tip: Tape the drill bit about half the length of the plug, in this case 4mm to 4,5mm, and then drill no further than this mark.
3. Fresh herbs taste best when picked from your own herb garden, and it now has its own place on the wall organiser. Use the proper hole saw attachment to saw the hole for the herb pot in the shelf. Before joining shelf and wall board, apply blackboard paint to the board and let it dry.
4. Insert the wooden plugs with glue into the holes. Run some glue along the edge, and push the shelf into the plug holes. Fix the shelf by screwing 3 screws into it from behind, using the tiny holes. In the lower part of the wall board, fix 3 hooks with screws for hanging.
5. Glue the cork to the wall board, and fix the finished kitchen organiser to the wall with wall plugs. The perfectly organised kitchen is now ready.