MBOMBELA – On June 16 teams can show off their potjie skills for the benefit of Pro Gratia Learning Centre.
The competition, with amazing prizes up for grabs, will form part of a fun day for the whole family which will include loads of entertainment for children.
As a way of giving back to the community it serves, Canary Walk Mall will donate all the funds raised to Pro Gratia, a school for pupils with special educational needs.
Everyone is invited to join to make a difference while having fun.
Businesses are invited to enter teams. There is only enough space for 40 teams to enter.
The entry fee is R500 per team and includes a voucher worth R200 from Shoprite for your ingredients, as well as a goodie bag.
There are four categories: beef, lamb, chicken and venison.
The fun starts at 08:00.
The potjiekos will be for sale too and all the funds will go to the school.
For more information contact Karen on 013 754 1155 or [email protected].
Potjiekos Competition registration form
Sorry. This form is no longer available.
POTJIE COMPETITION RULES
• Any business or individual can enter a potjie.
• A team is limited to 4 people.
• Entry fee will be R500.00. No participant will be allowed to put up his stall without proof of payment.
• A stand will allocated by Canary Walk Mall.
• Each participant must bring their own chairs, tables, gazebo, cutlery, glasses, and braais and make their own fire.
• The potjie stations have no power provision.
• No holes may be made in the grass and no fires directly on the ground.
• No burning charcoal or fire may be left on the site.
• After the competition, all coals must be placed in the container provided. No coals in the trash cans, please.
• All participating businesses may put up their banners and marketing material and also decorate their stalls. Come and create a festive atmosphere.
• The potjies are divided into 4 categories namely, Beef/Lamb/Chicken/Venison. Each pot should be able to serve 10 people. The food will be sold for the benefit of Pro Gratia School.
• The potjies will be judged by a team, per category, there will be a winner for each category and one overall winner for the day will be announced.
• The decision of the judges is final and no appeal process will be followed.
• All participants must bring their own raw ingredients. No ingredients may be pre-cooked.
• Each participant is responsible for his own side dishes.
• Right of admission is reserved and anyone who abuses alcohol or misbehaves will be asked to leave the premises.
• Canary Walk Mall reserves the right to cancel the competition at short notice or delay it due to poor weather conditions.
• No pets are allowed.
• All vehicles must be parked in the designated parking areas after equipment has been off-loaded. No vehicles will be allowed between the stalls.
• Participants can enter the premises from 07:30 to set-up your stall. Potjiekos competition cooking will start at 08:30.
• The detailed program will be available on the day.
• Judging will take place from 13:00 to 14:00 and the winners will be announced at 14:30 and prizes will be handed out. All potjies should be ready not later than 13:30.
• Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash.
• Enquiries may be directed to:Karen van den Berg: 013 754 1155 / [email protected] or Martie Ferreira: 081 777 0480 / [email protected]