Hi-Tech Security Lowveld operation manager Callum Mac Pherson advised that usually there was an increase in armed robberies in the area. ” Traditionally from September to November are our “armed robbery months”
Below are a few tips that can help regarding this:
1. Ensure you have multiple remote panic buttons with various staff members
2. Never confront robbers give them what they want
3. Most businesses that are targeted are open to the public making access a challenge, having offsite camera monitoring and having your own area where staff member/s can view cameras is essential.
4. Have training sessions with staff regarding these crimes, your security can assist.
5. Appointing a staff member to daily monitor security risks is a good way of spotting trouble before it arrives. Have this staff member check outside the business for any suspicious activity.
6. Business robberies occur during closing times over busy periods mostly.
1. Always keep a remote panic button with you
2. Most house robberies occur between 17:00 and 22:00 before a home is securely locked and alarms activated.
3. Having perimeter alarms that can activate during these hours is vital.
4. Be aware of your surroundings when returning and leaving home, suspects favour following targets home from public areas.
5. Never leave the safety of your home to investigate anything strange outside, having cctv around the home can assist in keeping you in your safe zone.